washer

Goodnight my love Remember me as you fall to sleep Fill your pockets with the dust and the memories That rises from the shoes on my feet I won't be back here Though we may meet again I know it's dark outside Don't be afraid Everytime I ever cried from fear Was just a mistake that I made Wash yourself in your tears And build your church On the strength of your faith Please Listen to me Don't let go Don't let this desperate moonlight leave me With your empty pillow Promise me the sun will rise again I too am tired now Embracing thoughts of tonight's dreamless sleep My head is empty My toes are warm I am safe from harm...

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

on ephemeral-ity and collecting, draft

 

i feel like i like to collect people like one would collect concert or plane tickets, or pictures. im so sentimental. i hate getting rid of things. seeing the the acrylic nails i had on during a happy moment of my life be filed off, losing a little note my mom or my boyfriend left for me, even a little convenience store note if i was buying something i thought was important. even buying something with cash my dad gave me. these material things are such little gifts! theyre patrimonies of generosity! of love! theyre gems and i hate losing them.


i hate saying goodbye. i hate it when a friend moves away, even if theyre more like an acquaintance. i feel weird about it. i wish i was close friends with everyone. i hate growing apart from people i really know and love. its unfair. i wish i could keep everything in butterfly cages so that they could never age or die, so we could all be together forever and be friends and love each other. i wish i could freeze the world.


it makes me so sad and helpless. i truly hate how time passes. ive come to understand the passage of time as my greatest enemy. i like to keep physical testimonies and witnesses of important moments of my life. i wish i kept my hair every time i cut it. i wish i kept my milk teeth. im sure my mom got rid of them.


more on that later ...


got damn!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment