washer

Goodnight my love Remember me as you fall to sleep Fill your pockets with the dust and the memories That rises from the shoes on my feet I won't be back here Though we may meet again I know it's dark outside Don't be afraid Everytime I ever cried from fear Was just a mistake that I made Wash yourself in your tears And build your church On the strength of your faith Please Listen to me Don't let go Don't let this desperate moonlight leave me With your empty pillow Promise me the sun will rise again I too am tired now Embracing thoughts of tonight's dreamless sleep My head is empty My toes are warm I am safe from harm...

Thursday, November 23, 2023

arizona

holiday season started today technically so i was thinking of talking about christmas from when i was ten i think. i mightve been younger.

this was back when my dads side of the family still put a bit of effort into getting together for christmas. we spent the time in arizona. i was not very exited. i liked texas. but the log cabin type hotel thing we stayed at was beautiful. i learned to appreciate americas beauty early on, mostly after this trip. i remember the hotels shop sold crystals and i was obsessed with crystals. i got a little pouch of small pebble-sized crystals. mostly fake, looking back. my brother got some magnets.



i remember the food. dry turkey, cranberry sauce. i never loved thanksgiving-christmas food, not american anyway. but well. it was good. it made me nauseous at the time. and i was starting to despise food in general. but i could handle drink well. i drank hot chocolates and teas. i dont remember how hot chocolate tastes like. it seems so good sometimes. im more of a black americano person nowadays. always have been i think, since my parents allow me to drink it.

i loved the cabin thing. it was a beautiful, ornate yet homely hotel. christmas decoration is one of my favorite things ever when its done right. my grandmas house stands at the border of texas. its small and was made in the 70s. last time we held a christmas gathering there, it was untouched. the kitchen was all golden brown, glossy wood and weird sand colored marble. the christmas lights were draped over the cheap, old christmas tree. nutcrackers. i was obsessed with the nutcracker as a kid. the little ceramic angels sprinkled over the house. santa claus statues over the kitchen and the tables and desks, and these weird statue thingies that are like small christmas scenes that play music and have little lights.

and these


my brother was obsessed with trains so me and my family( i think it was just me, my aunt, my grandmother, my parents and brother) took the polar express grand canyon railway thing.

it was beautiful, it looked gorgeous. the train was beautiful and gleamed warm lights. i love my little brother. i always was protective over him. i always just wanted him to keep being happy and gleeful.

i dont remember much, i just remember how pretty everything was on that train. it was snowing, i had never seen snow until that point in my life. i remember a picture being taken of me and i think an actor who was entertaining on the train, he asked if i was going to show it to my friends. to which i responded that i didnt have any friends. then my mom scolded me for being such a negative little goblin.




No comments:

Post a Comment