washer

Goodnight my love Remember me as you fall to sleep Fill your pockets with the dust and the memories That rises from the shoes on my feet I won't be back here Though we may meet again I know it's dark outside Don't be afraid Everytime I ever cried from fear Was just a mistake that I made Wash yourself in your tears And build your church On the strength of your faith Please Listen to me Don't let go Don't let this desperate moonlight leave me With your empty pillow Promise me the sun will rise again I too am tired now Embracing thoughts of tonight's dreamless sleep My head is empty My toes are warm I am safe from harm...

Sunday, August 25, 2024

goodbye

goodbye 19, goodbye -teen, goodbye. ten to nineteen. the most extravagantly violent changes of the winds tide in this second decade, over now. good bye, good bye. miserable birthday, miserable wrench fixing the clock and making it run, misery of coming of age. i feel like im moving from my childhood home, i feel transfixed. i will spend the rest of my mobile years depicting that decade of my life into art, longing for another shot at redemption, fantasies of forgiveness and innocence restores by the grace and virtue of forgetting, blotting out completely. i started feeling so empty, every wish unfulfilled, every expectations wasted, dreams wasted, summers wasted, never being what i wanted, i never was, so many years wasting away and away, feeling sorry, swallowed by guilt and pity. it is the way things were supposed to go, cruel God made us age, no sin justifies the horrors of aging away into incompetence, ugliness, unglamour, unbeauty, uncognition. nothing i can get will justify the loss of my teenage years, my early adulthood, i will spent time and resources trying to figure out a way to cope.

happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment