washer

Goodnight my love Remember me as you fall to sleep Fill your pockets with the dust and the memories That rises from the shoes on my feet I won't be back here Though we may meet again I know it's dark outside Don't be afraid Everytime I ever cried from fear Was just a mistake that I made Wash yourself in your tears And build your church On the strength of your faith Please Listen to me Don't let go Don't let this desperate moonlight leave me With your empty pillow Promise me the sun will rise again I too am tired now Embracing thoughts of tonight's dreamless sleep My head is empty My toes are warm I am safe from harm...

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

mother

 i have come to hate you, despise you, loathe the way you move through the world and raise yourself. you have made me unbearable, made me unlovable, made me afraid of my own shadow- afraid to love. you blame me for my miseducation yet prove over and over that the cold stone fist on which you raised me is still vigilant and ready to strike at my face and ribs. you show me, when i show you a wound and beg for nursing, that the cruel woman i came to fear in my childhood is still alive and well, waiting to pounce at me when look for my mother.

your bravado is your aura, your sad state of being. mother, how i have come to despise myself through you. standing up straight, practicing dinner etiquette, closing my mouth and legs, drinking my own monthly blood so it wont exist outside my body in the world i share with every other person. we have never been too much alike, but to me it has always seemed like you have cornered me into your cruelty, becoming into an aching freak like you have.

always a strain in your conversation, never a warm hug, never held, never wanted me to take a spot near you, always wanted to elevate me by throwing me into the ether and never being there to break my fall.

how can you be such a bitch, how can you not admit to failing.



No comments:

Post a Comment